Ambrosia Apple Betty in a Mug [Recipe]
The perfect answer to your comfort food cravings
Sometimes you’re craving comfort food but you don’t want to bake an entire pie. If you’re tight on time or you don’t have anyone to share a whole apple crumble with, a single-serve Ambrosia Apple Betty is the answer.
This easy microwave recipe will take you from craving comfort to hot apple betty in under 10 minutes.
You can also bake this recipe in a single-serve glass or porcelain dish (like a ramekin). But, your bake time will be significantly longer. However, you do have the added benefit of that baked apple dessert aroma coming from your oven and filling your home with happy scents.
To make an Ambrosia Apple Betty in a mug in the microwave you’ll need a large mug (at least 1 cup capacity). The rest is simple.
1 small Ambrosia apple, cored & diced
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
4 Tbsp rolled oats
2 Tbsp brown sugar, divided
½ tsp cinnamon, divided
⅛ tsp nutmeg
Dash of salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 ½ Tbsp brown sugar with oats and walnuts.
- Add ¼ tsp cinnamon and remaining spices
- Stir in the melted butter
- Place diced Ambrosia apples and remaining cinnamon and sugar in the mug.
- Stir until apples are coated
- Cover apples with oat mixture
- Cook in the microwave for about 2 ½ minutes (depending on the strength of your microwave). The apples may bubble over and may make a mess so you may want to put a plate under your mug.
- Check Betty after 2 minutes to make sure you don’t overcook it.
- Let cool before diving in. Top with whipped cream or ice cream for extra comfort.
Warning: This quick and easy Ambrosia apple treat may become a guilty pleasure. Luckily, you’re still getting a full serving of apples so you can focus on the pleasure and not feel guilty about it!