#AmbrosiaKitchen Photo Contest Announcement
Are you looking for something to distract you from the doldrums of winter? How about a photo contest that could win you a spectacular spring vacation?
BC Ambrosia apple growers are excited to announce our latest contest! The #AmbrosiaKitchen Photo Contest starts on January 8th, 2020 and submissions will be accepted until March 25, 2020.
That gives you plenty of time to get creative and take some fantastic photos. You can enter every day of the contest with a new photo if you want!
However, volume isn’t necessarily going to help you because the winning photograph will be chosen by our panel of judges. Our judging panel is comprised of three BC Ambrosia apple growers — Wes Burdick, Doug Boult, and Shane Witzke.
Here’s what they are looking for in the winner photo:
- Ambrosia apples. They can be cooked, baked, mid-recipe prep, or however you like to have them in your kitchen.
- Creativity. Have some fun and include the WOW! factor.
- Story. Does the photo tell a story?
- Composition. It has to be a good photo so make sure it’s in focus and everything in the shot is supposed to be in the shot.
Are you ready to get into your #AmbrosiaKitchen and start snapping stunning pictures?
You’re probably wondering if the grand prize is worth the effort. Our sponsors have outdone themselves this year!
The grand prize winner and a guest will experience a weekend in Osoyoos that takes in everything this beautiful South Okanagan location has to offer. Imagine staying in a luxury hotel that sits on the traditional land of the Syilx People of the Okanagan Nation. You’ll experience their culture, get to know the desert and its secrets, enjoy fine dining, and let’s not forget about the wine tasting! Plus, with the extra spending money included in the prize, you could even indulge in a spa treatment.
Doesn’t that sound like a dream Okanagan vacation?
Here’s exactly what the winner of the #AmbrosiaKitchen Photo Contest will receive:
- Three nights accommodation at the luxurious Spirit Ridge (part of the Unbound Collection by Hyatt) in breathtaking Osoyoos, BC
- A Land to Legacy wine tour and tasting at Nk’Mip Cellars right next to the hotel
- Lunch for two at Nk’Mip Cellars
- Dinner for two at The Bear, The Fish, The Root & The Berry
- Two passes to the Nk’Mip Desert Cultural Centre
- $500 spending money (use it to get there or on a wonderful spa treatment – it’s up to you!)
The total value of this amazing spring getaway is $2500!
There are some rules and regulations, of course. Please take a look before entering the contest. You can find those here.
Once the contest closes, our judges will convene and select a winner. The prize must be used by May 31, 2020.
Stay tuned. The winner will be announced via email (join our newsletter list here) and right here on this blog.
Good luck! We can’t wait to see your #AmbrosiaKitchen.