Ambrosia Apples Snickerdoodles
These cinnamon and Ambrosia apple cookies will remind you of apple pie but they’re much easier to pack in a lunch! Unlike some snickerdoodles, these are soft and just a bit gooey. If you prefer them crunchy, flatten them fully before cooking. Enjoy them on their own, with your coffee, or as the ends of a delicious ice cream sandwich. We made these gluten-free, but you can substitute regular flour if you wish.
VIEW THE VIDEO – CLICK HERE
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 small Ambrosia apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose (or gluten-free) flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg pinch salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt). Set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (melted butter and vanilla) with sugar. Add in diced Ambrosia apples. Fold in dry mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a shallow bowl, combine ½ cup of granulated sugar with 1 Tbsp of cinnamon.
- Roll dough into balls (about the size of a golf ball) and roll in cinnamon sugar until fully coated.
- Flatten and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet Bake for 20 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy!
Check out more recipes featuring delicious Ambrosia apples on our website AmbrosiaApples.ca