Sweet Roasted Ambrosia Apples with Lavender Honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 Ambrosia apples
- 300 grams sugar
- 1 litre water
- 2 teaspoons Okanagan Lavender Farms culinary lavender buds
- 30 grams butter (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 50 grams Arlo Farms Lavender flavoured liquid honey (about 1/3 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and juice from one lemon.
- Peel Ambrosia apples, slice each one in half vertically, slicing through the stem end. Use a parisienne scoop to remove the seeds and core. Gently trim away the stem. Place the cored apples in the bowl of lemon water as you work to prevent them from turning brown.
- In a large pot, combine water, sugar and lavender buds. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to a gentle simmer. Add the apples and poach for about 5 minutes, until they are slightly tender when poked with the tip of a knife. Remove the apples and set aside.
- Drain the pot and immediately return it to the stovetop over low heat. Add the honey and heat gently over low heat for about 2 minutes. Roll the apples in the honey to coat, then transfer them to a shallow roasting pan. Pour any remaining honey over apples.
- Roast in oven for 8 minutes.
- Serve roasted Ambrosia apples in shallow bowls. Pour over any remaining honey and add a scoop of your favourite ice cream.